How to assign Admins and Moderators

• administrators

How should we assign Admin’s and Moderators? For the most part I do not think it will be needed ( Our google groups has never gotten out of hand anyway ), But there should be some way for us to grant people admin access ( The ability to install pluggins ext… ) and to assign people as Moderators/Content Editors

Any Idea’s I know Pete G has mentioned that He would be willing to take meeting notes, Which would probably need to be a Content Editor/ Moderator roll,

• As an original member (and soon to be returning member) I would be willing to help moderate this site if needed. Right now however I don’t have a Linux machine working, but plan to remedy that very soon. I don’t know a lot about this particular BB software but always willing to learn.

• administrators

I also am fairly new to nodebb ( I just installed it today :) ) And am unsure exactly what will even need to be done, or if moderating will be needed, I would like to come up with some Policy’s on how Moderators and Admins get created though. The best method I think would be a sort of voting system. where if X number of people say a person can be a moderator, then they get that permission. But I am not sure yet, and would like ideas from everyone. Particularly because I should have no more right’s to decide who can edit and stuff on here then anyone else.

• administrators

One thing I just found, is I can grant access based on “Reputation” ( I beleave that is how many thumbs up a persons post gets ), One possible method would be after a person gets 25 or 50 thumbs up, they get Moderator acccess?

• I think you gotta wanna, too. Moderator and Admin can be some work as well as responsibility. Needs some opt-in as well as whatever criteria you want to use.

• administrators

Good point, i was think in terms of who is alowed and forgot the who would want to.
    The more I am thinking about it we might not need a moderator. We could see about setting up a system where after x number of down votes a thread or post is deleted maybe something like ( DownVotes - UpVotes >= 5 ), then it’s not one persons job to remove spam/offensive posts