May 2017 Meeting is on the 18th

• Looking forward to the May meeting of our La Crosse LUG.

Where: People’s Food Coop, meeting room on second floor. Entrance on 5th Street. Heads up, Cass Street is completely closed between 4th and 7th Streets. You may need to drive around a bit before finding your way to the entrance. Best way is to come in by King Street from either direction. Parking is available on the street and in the nearby parking ramp.

When: Thursday, May 18th from 6pm - 8pm (or a bit later).

Presentations:

• Pete will be presenting on how he uses the imaged editing tool GIMP
    • At 7pm, Adam will be presenting the distro Manjaro and why it has become his preferred Linux distro

Other short topics are welcome, so feel free to bring a Linux related bit of show and tell.

Hope to see you there!

– Matthew from Orange Computer

• Last night’s meeting was nice. I liked the presentation on GIMP as I was aware of GIMP, but had not really seen a lot of its capabilities before. Adam’s presentation of Manjaro was also interesting to me with the repositories and the GUI that they use. I might try it out.

I also appreciate the open conversation that we had about privacy and encryption on the internet and all of you who spoke up to answer my questions about the concern.

I look forward to the meeting next month!